Thursday, March 12, 2015

Winter Sucks

Well, that went about as terribly as I feared.

I hate Winter.  It's cold, it's dark, and everything just dies.  Amongst the casualties, as noted in my last post (geez, has it really been nearly seven weeks?) has been my writing drive.  Yep, just as I worried in my last post, I've written basically nothing since January.  Oh, I've gotten little bits of Earth Refound and Snake Crime written here or there, but for the most part nada.  In their place I worked a bit on a Godzilla timeline over at www.alternatehistory.com I've titled Up from the Depths, but that's pretty much fan fiction and not really what I want to be doing. 

Now that we're through the worst part of Winter (I detest February), things are getting better.  The weather is warming and the mountains of snow are melting.  Even better, my writer's block is finally starting to clear!  Rather than keep toying with the projects I've been dawdling on, I've decided to step away and try another project - this one is a sci-fi/action/thriller involving good aliens, bad aliens, and the FBI.  I'm excited about it!  It's outlining nicely (far more nicely than Earth Refound, actually) and I think I'll be ready to start it properly very soon.  We'll see how that turns out.

In between, I'll keep hacking away at Snake Crime.  I have the first scene nearly finished now, and since it's supposed to be a short story that's an even bigger victory.  I'm still on target for a June 2015 release for that and (hopefully) a stand-alone version of A Slave of the Bird Men through Silk Baron Independent Press.  The latter depends largely on whether or not Bird Men is finished serializing in Innovate E-Magazine, since I don't want my release to clash with the magazine's.


Let's see where it goes from here.  Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment